Teeny tiny engine that works

Engineer Aliaksei Zholner has designed a miniature V8 engine almost completely from paper, the exception being scotch tape to prevent friction. It is so tiny that it fits inside a small plastic egg-shaped container.  He has posted several videos that show the progression of the construction of it which took several months. He recently incorporated a paper throttle that controls the speed of the shirring device using compressed air. Go here  for this and more videos, including a previous model made from a v6 engine.






If you understand all this engine-compressed air-throttle world, you will find many videos to view and enjoy. I confess: it's all so not in my world. But I love the art of it: the intricacies of making something so small work enchants me. So I hereby nominate this adventure into the small world made of paper as a perfect addition to All Things Arts. 

























Comments